Global Patient Advocacy Engagement
We believe in the value of our relationships with patient organizations.
We work to develop a deeper understanding of patient needs, and integrate that insight throughout our organization. In this way, we create transparent partnerships that are central to our work of supporting patients and their caregivers on the journey to improved health and happy lives.
Teva Guiding Principles for Patient Organization Engagement
Ethical Conduct & Integrity
- Teva personnel are expected to maintain the highest standards of integrity in their relations with patient organizations.
- Therefore, Teva will seek to build mutually beneficial relationships with patient organizations in areas where there is alignment around objectives and priorities.
- Teva will be open and transparent regarding relationships with patient organizations.
- Teva will publicly disclose financial support and significant non-financial support provided to patient organizations. Further, patient organizations may publish Teva’s support of their programs as they deem appropriate.
- Teva’s global policy on patient organization engagement will be made available to patient groups.
- Teva’s support of patient organizations is focused on improving the welfare of patients, families and caregivers. Any activity undertaken with patient organizations must clearly demonstrate benefit to the patients whose interests the patient groups represents.
- Successful partnerships between patient organizations and Teva must provide mutual benefit to both organizations.
- A patient organization in partnership with Teva must not have its independence compromised, nor should it be perceived to be compromised, and patient organizations retain the right to publicly object to the positions of the company.
- Every interaction company personnel and its representatives have with patient organizations will comply with all government rules, regulations and guidelines, as well as with all applicable Teva policies.
- Teva must not use interactions and relationships with patient organizations to promote its products or increase commercial awareness of its products, except in countries that allow Direct to Consumer Advertising, and only when done in compliance with all applicable laws and Teva policies governing product promotion.